Customer information for the conclusion of distance contracts
The following information for distance contracts does not constitute contractual terms, but only serves to fulfill our legal obligation to provide information on distance contracts and in electronic commerce.
Our general terms and conditions (GTC) can be found in the printout GTC.
You will receive all information in text form at the latest upon delivery of the goods. You can also print out this information or save it on your hard drive.
1. Identity of Provider
You conclude distance contracts with:
Mr. Markus Schilcher, owner of Waterwolf GmbH, Freikorpsstrasse 2, 82487 Oberammergau
2. Conclusion of contract
(1) You can request the sending of a non-binding offer by filling out the contact form on our website by e-mail or in writing.
(2) After receiving the request, we will immediately send you a non-binding offer by fax or email. As part of this e-mail, we will also send you all relevant contract information, in particular the general terms and conditions and the cancellation policy.
(3) You can then order the offered goods from us by e-mail or in writing. This order represents a binding offer to conclude a purchase contract for the requested goods. We are entitled to accept the contract offer contained in the order within 10 days by sending a corresponding confirmation email. The purchase contract is then concluded with the sending of the order confirmation. More information can be found in our terms and conditions. GTC.
3. Delivery and reservation of delivery
Goods that are in stock will be sent to you within the period specified in the relevant offer.
When paying in advance, the shipment will not take place before the invoice amount has been fully credited to our account.
Our General Terms and Conditions contain further information. GTC.
4. Purchase price and shipping costs
(1) The stated purchase prices are final prices in euros and include statutory sales tax. Temporary special offers or discounts are shown as such in the context of the presentation of the individual goods on our website.
(2) We invoice our delivery and shipping costs in addition to the stated final prices of the respective goods. The respective shipping costs can be found in our offer sent to you by e-mail or fax.
(3) Otherwise, the customer does not incur any additional costs when ordering by using the means of long-distance communication. Further information on prices and shipping can be found in our terms and conditions.
5. Payment Arrangements
When paying on account, the buyer must make a down payment in the amount stated when purchasing the items named below.
- Waterwolf-MPX-3: 50% of gross sales NEW The E-Wolve
(2) In the case of payment in advance, the seller will send the bank details to the buyer by e-mail in the order confirmation. The same applies if the buyer has to make a down payment.
6. Right of Withdrawal for Consumers
Consumers can revoke their contractual declaration under the following conditions:
Right of withdrawal
Right of withdrawal
You can revoke your contract declaration within 14 days without giving reasons in text form (e.g. letter, fax, e-mail) or - if the item is left to you before the deadline - also by returning the item. The period begins after receipt of this instruction in text form, but not before receipt of the goods by the recipient (in the case of recurring deliveries of similar goods not before receipt of the first partial delivery) and also not before we have fulfilled our information obligations in accordance with Article 246 § 2 in conjunction with § 1 paragraph 1 and 2 EGBGB as well as our obligations according to § 312g paragraph 1 sentence 1 BGB in connection with Article 246 § 3 EGBGB. The timely dispatch of the cancellation or the item is sufficient to meet the cancellation deadline. The revocation must be sent to:
Managing Director: Mr. Markus Schilcher
Fax: 0049 (0)8822 94007
Consequences of revocation
In the event of an effective revocation, the services received by both parties must be returned and any benefits (e.g. interest) surrendered. If you cannot return or hand over the received service and benefits (e.g. advantages of use) or only partially or only in a deteriorated condition, you must compensate us for the value in this respect. You only have to pay compensation for the deterioration of the item and for any use made if the use or deterioration is due to handling of the item that goes beyond the examination of the properties and functionality. "Checking the properties and functionality" means testing and trying out the respective goods, as is possible and customary in a retail store. Transportable items are to be returned at our risk. You have to bear the regular costs of the return if the delivered goods correspond to those ordered and if the price of the item to be returned does not exceed an amount of 40 euros or if, in the case of a higher price of the item, you have not yet received the consideration or a have made the contractually agreed partial payment. Otherwise, the return is free of charge. Items that cannot be sent by parcel will be picked up from you. Obligations to reimburse payments must be fulfilled within 30 days. The period begins for you with the dispatch of your declaration of revocation or the item, for us with their receipt.
End of revocation
7. Warranty Terms
The warranty period for consumers is 2 years from delivery of the goods. Deviating from this, the warranty period for entrepreneurs is 1 year from delivery. For used items, the warranty period is also 1 year from delivery of the goods.
Further details on the warranty can be found in our General Terms and Conditions. GTC.
Notes on the battery regulation
Batteries are included with many devices. Batteries or accumulators can also be permanently installed in the devices themselves. In connection with the sale of these batteries or accumulators or in connection with the delivery of devices that contain batteries or accumulators, we as a dealer are obliged under the Battery Ordinance to inform our customers of the following:
Rechargable batteries do not belong in the household waste. According to the Battery Ordinance, disposal in household waste is expressly prohibited. As an end user, you are legally obliged to return used batteries. Please dispose of old batteries or accumulators at a municipal collection point or hand them in free of charge at the respective local point of sale. Batteries or rechargeable batteries received from us can be returned to us free of charge after use at the address below or sent back to us by post.
Managing Director: Mr. Markus Schilcher
Batteries or rechargeable batteries that contain harmful substances are marked with the symbol of a crossed-out garbage can.
The chemical name of the pollutant is located near the symbol
Cd = rechargeable battery or battery contains cadmium
Pb = rechargeable battery or battery contains lead
Hg = rechargeable battery or battery contains mercury
Li = rechargeable battery or battery contains lithium
Ni = rechargeable battery or battery contains nickel
Zi = rechargeable battery or battery contains zinc
Mh = rechargeable battery or battery contains metal hydride
You will also find this information in the documents accompanying the consignment or in the manufacturer's operating instructions.